Textile Summercamps – Biarritz –
From August 30th to September 1st, 2017
The metamorphosis of textiles for an environmentally sustainable future
DAY 1 (Wednesday 30th August)
10h00-18h00 Training course
CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN THE TEXTILE INDUSTRY & SUSTAINABLE FASHION By Gema GOMEZ, Slow Fashion Next
Key points about Sustainable Fashion:
• What does it mean? It’s the moment?
• Circular Economy vs. Linear Economy (review of what they saw the day before).
• “Scale” Concept when we talk about sustainability.
NEW TYPES OF CONSUMERS: Responsible consumer/ Early adopter consumer/ Prosumer consumer/ Guilty-free consumer
New Markets, New Ideas: Diversity, Creativity, Small business Entrepreneurs with great ideas.
• Sustainable Materials and Processes
• Certifications and Standards that assure us “clean” productions.
• Packaging, logistics and retail.
• Pedagogy for a Consumption and Sustainable use of clothing.
• Innovative Materials
Big brands and their sustainable strategies
VIP Interview/ Sustainable strategies and projects by Michel Lopez – SNCF, France
The role of sustainable processes and materials for this emerging new industry.
Fabrics Workshop with real material from different suppliers:
Key concepts applied to each subject to understand their greater or lesser sustainability.
DAY 2 (Thursday 31st August)
10h00-11h00 – Guided tour of BALENCIAGA museum
11h00-17h00 – Training course
ECO DESIGN & COLLABORATIVE DESIGN
How to reduce the impact of your products and develop them with your community by Juliette Vauthier – CETI & Thibault Liebenguth – Agence Innovation Responsable (AIR)
- Sustainability & CSR basics
- Eco-design overview: Definition and product lifecycle approach
- Collaborative design: concept and illustration for the textile industry
VIP Interview/ Andreas RÖHRICH, Director Product. Development WOLFORD, Austria
DAY 3 (Friday 1st September)
09h30-12h00 Training course:
FASHIONING FIBERS/ GLOBAL SOURCING AND ENVIRONMENT
By Pascal Denizart, CEO – CETI
- Fibres vs environment – Mix and match
- Solutions to increase sustainability
- Recycling, Upcycling and re-engineering – New process and technology
- Alternative ressources – Back to the roots & local production
14h30-16h30 Round table DEBATE “THE GREEN WAY”